Dear African Organizations and NGOs.
Please Spread to all African networks in The Nordic
Africa Europe Development Platform (AEDP) is planning to hold a training and networking event in Denmark in late November 24th to 26th which will target the Nordic region. We very much welcome your input into this event.
The Forum will comprise of the following:
• Training of African Diaspora-Development Organisations (ADDOs)
• Exhibition Showcasing Best Practice in Diaspora – Development
• Dialogue Between ADDOs and Mainstream Development Agencies
INTRODUCTION TO THE AEDP PROJECT
AEDP’s mission is to ‘improve and enhance the capacity and impact of the African diaspora
organisations that are involved in development activities in Africa’. This mission is pursued
through delivery of services to diaspora organisations and individuals in Europe and Africa. In
particular, AEDP will help diaspora organisations in the EU, Switzerland and Norway to:
• Optimise their development engagement in Africa
• Professionalise their organisations and activities
• Create effective partnerships in Europe and Africa
• Expand and improve their development activities in Africa
• Influence the policy and practice of development cooperation
AEDP is funded for 2014-17 by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the
European Commission. Further funding is being sought from other donors. AEDP emerged out of a
Europe-wide pilot project that ran from 2010 to 2013, which was funded by the European Commission
with co-funding from SDC, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Deutsche Gesellshaft fϋr
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
AEDP will partner with the Host Organization Africa Denmark Diaspora Rally (ADDR) an Organization that aims at providing a platform for Other Organizations in Denmark.
The Forum can be attended on two criteria; AEDP Sponsor & Self Sponsor:
AEDP would be looking to cover the expenses (travel, accommodation) for 25-30 delegates drawn from Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden who meet the following criteria (so 5-7 per country). Plus there may be scope for additional delegates who self-sponsor.
– CV and references (essential)